Sunday, July 1, 2012

Primum miles

This is the first cab off the rank of the Miniart Roman infantry. 

They paint up quite easily. However, I've just realised why they don't look quite right to me : their fists should actually be inside the shield boss. As they are, it looks like the shield is being held by an external handle. Maybe next figure I'll cut off the hand and glue the shield directly to the wrist.

My shield design was not as successful as I'd hoped, as I had trouble cutting out the hole for the central boss and made a bit of a pig's ear of it. Gluing it on also made a bit of a mess that necessitated painting over the design to patch it up. Then there's the noticeable line of the edge of the paper, especially around the bottom of the shield. Maybe next time I'll cut out the blue star only, rather than the whole shield shape. As a first experiment, it's not too bad, but not exactly what I was hoping for.

He'll get the wash treatment, and then be the first on a base of 8. 

Stay tuned for more!




2 comments: